The Dialogue Curator is identified and appointed by the Dialogue Convenor. The Curator is responsible for preparing, planning, and moderating a Local Dialogue, as well as ensuring the Dialogue contributes to informing the White Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health.
The Dialogue Curator has:
- a good understanding of the dialogue topic;
- an appreciation of hunger, nutrition, and health in the United States;
- Local Dialogues method;
- familiarity with at least some of the stakeholder groups who will participate.
Experience and expertise in:
- engaging multiple stakeholders with different perspectives;
- encouraging exploration of complex challenges using systems thinking;
- establishing convergence and recognizing irreconcilable differences;
- weaving co-owned outcomes in an inclusive and open way.
Principal tasks include:
- preparing for the Dialogue event with the Convenor;
- presiding over and moderating the event (welcoming participants, introducing high-level guests and explaining the focus and expected outcome of the Dialogue);
- summarizing the outcomes from different Discussions Groups;
- assisting the Convenor to complete the Official Dialogue Feedback form;
- encouraging continued exchanges among the participants.