This Site is not intended for children and FSF does not knowingly collect data relating to children beyond your self-selection of age range when you register.
- For purposes of compliance with the law, the entity that is collecting your data is Food Systems for the Future, with registered address 180 N Stetson Ave #1400, Chicago, IL 60601.
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority of your country, however, FSF would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the regulator so please contact us in the first instance.
Collecting personal data
- FSF may collect personal data from and about you which may be through:
- Direct interaction where you give FSF your personal data by filling in forms, setting up an account with us, using the functions available on our Site and/or by corresponding with us by post, e-mail or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions where you interact with our Site, FSF may collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. FSF collects this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies and only in accordance with our cookies policy and applicable law.
Purposes of processing
- Your personal data is processed with the appropriate security measures as required by applicable data protection law including measures to prevent disclosure, modification or other unauthorized use or access to your personal data.
- FSF may use your personal data to:
- administer the Site;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Site;
- enable your use of the services available on the Site;
- send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you communication relating to the Good Food Dialogues which FSF thinks may be of relevance to you;
- conduct research into the impact of the Good Food Dialogues;
- generate quantitative data that will feature in publicly available reports to adhere to and demonstrate the diversity and inclusion of people in the Good Food Dialogues. These will not specifically identify you.
- provide third parties with statistical information about you – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site;
- where you submit personal data for publication on the Site.
- FSF uses your personal data for the above purposes and may rely on the below legal basis:
- performance of a contract with you;
- where it is necessary for FSF’s legitimate interest and such interest are not overridden by the interests of your fundamental rights and freedoms under data protection law;
- where processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation of FSF; and
- where required, with your consent.
- FSF will only use your personal data for purposes for which it is collected, unless FSF reasonably considers that it needs to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purposes is compatible with the original purpose, please contact FSF using the contact details set out above.
Disclosure of your personal data
- Apart from set out in this policy, FSF will not sell, rent or share your personal data with third party organizations.
- FSF may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the above clause.
- Internal third parties which may include group companies of FSF acting as joint controllers or processors.
- External third parties which include:
- Service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisors acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the EU or internationally who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Partners of the Good Food Dialogues, where FSF has a legal basis to do so.
- Regulators and/or other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances such as tax reporting.
- Your personal data is processed and stored for the time required by the purposes for which it was collected. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the execution of a contract between the FSF and you will be retained until the execution of this contract is completed, unless otherwise required by law.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the legitimate interest of FSF will be retained until the satisfaction of this interest. You can obtain further information regarding the legitimate interest pursued by FSF in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting FSF.
- FSF may be obliged to store personal data for a longer period in compliance with a legal obligation or by order of an authority.
- At the end of the retention period, personal data will be deleted. Therefore, at the end of this term, the right of access, cancellation, rectification and the right to data portability can no longer be exercised.
Data Subject’s Rights
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data that is processed by FSF
- In particular, you may have the right to:
- Withdraw consent at any time: Where FSF processes your personal data on the basis of consent, you can withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- Object to processing: You can object to the processing of your personal data when it takes place on a legal basis other than consent. Further details on the right to object are indicated in the section below.
- Request access to your personal data: You have the right to obtain information on the data processed by FSF, on certain aspects of the processing and to receive a copy of the data processed, this is commonly referred to as a ‘data subject access request’.
- Verify and request correction: You can verify the accuracy of your personal data and request its updating or correction.
- Request restriction: When certain conditions are met, you can request the limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- Request erasure: When certain conditions are met, you can ask FSF to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for FSF to continue to process your personal data. FSF may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Request a transfer of your personal data: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device and transfer your personal data to another controller. This provision is applicable when the personal data is processed with automated tools and the treatment is based on your consent, on a contract of which you are a party or on contractual measures connected to it.
How to exercise the rights
- To exercise the rights, you can send a request to FSF’s contact details indicated in this document.
- It is important that the personal data FSF holds about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- The Site, like most websites, uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experiences. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- The Site may use Google Analytics to analyze use. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on your computers. The information generated relating to the Site is used to create reports about the use of the Site. Google will store this information.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. You can modify your cookie browser setting to decline cookies if your prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features on our Site.
Data storage and transfer
- Your information will be stored on computers located within the United States.
- Where FSF transfers your personal data, FSF will ensure an essentially equivalent degree of protection is afforded to your personal data by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented (only with any supplementary measures deemed necessary by FSF):
- Transfers to a country with an adequate level of protection for personal data; and
- Any other transfer mechanism specified and required under applicable data protection law.
Third party websites
- The Site contains links to other websites. FSF is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third-party websites and you should check the third parties privacy policies where applicable.